Saturday, November 22, 2008

KFC Pizza? No Way

Here it is judge for yourself. Yes it is KFC Pizza! You see it "We Deliver Hot Pizza"








(The Pizza Box Picture Is Mine But I borrowed the store picture from Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/rangerholton/2721613006/)

Looks like the same KFC we in the states know and love. Same logo, same Colonel. Capitalism is alive and well in Kabul. I really got kinda excited when I saw KFC on my way from the airport the first day but I was quickly told that not only is the entrepreneurial spirit in Kabul so is trademark infringement. KFC in Afghanistan is Kabul Fried Chicken a locally owned enterprise with locations scattered throughout the city. They do have chicken AND pizza but also burgers and other sundry fare. They tell me this aint your momma's KFC here. Read about Kabul Fried Chicken in a few of these articles.
Oh and the camera was not quick enough but I also saw a Pizza Hut while we were out and about today and no it is not THE Pizza Hut. Although, I do hear there is an interest on their part and they have lots of international locations from Dubai, to Pakistan, to India, to even Iraq.