Monday, March 9, 2009

One More Week

In academia the pay sure does not match up but the benefits are great. Less than one week and we are on Spring Break. For me that means a week long all expense paid trip to Dubai. I am looking forward to it even though I am doing it alone which will get a bit boring but a week out of here is a good thing none the less. I will be sure and take tons of photos to share!


As I have said before we observe both U.S. and Muslim holidays. Today was the prophets birthday so a day off after just starting the week yesterday. It afforded, Tony, my housemate and myself a little photo safari about town. Some times we go around T.V. mountain, the mountain with all of the T.V. towers that you have seen in some of my trips. However, today we had a special treat and went over the west end tip of the mountain. Quite the little adventure. When we got to the top we found a group of kids playing. Tony is great with kids. It is amazing that despite the language barrier he gets along so well with them.

Enjoy the slide show of our little adventure today. By the way several of the photos are of the blown out Russian Cultural Center. The place is a bit dangerous as it is home now by heroin addicts. Therefore, we did not go in as it is considered a very dangerous place.