Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Festivities

I must admit that I really missed Memorial Day weekend at home. Specifically it was the first among many years that I did not get to make the Rolling Thunder festivities. I hear, however, the economy has taken its toll on even this the grandest of Memorial Day events and the numbers were down greatly.
I did though have some festivities here at the guest house. I had a very traditional Memorial Day BBQ event. Yes, even after the fun of two weeks ago I am loving my smoker grill. We had about 20 folks over in the afternoon/evening for some good food and good camaraderie.
Sorry no pics folks. I was too busy cooking and no one else had a camera. However, I really wish I had at least a picture of my get up. Shorts, sandals, Harley 105th t-shirt, my cowboy hat, sunglasses, and the thing that made my outfit special my Afghanistan bbq apron. Literally, it is a khaki apron embroidered with the word "Afghanistan" and has camels embroidered as well. My guests, of course, commented but the best thing was the looks I got from the guards. Yee haw is all I can say.
As in before I do not feel comfortable giving my date of departure out for security reasons. Leave it to say though, that we are beyond months or even weeks. We are down to days and almost hours now. The first week I will be getting some much needed R&R in Miami and have even scheduled a bike trip to Key West, FL. Bucket List Time!!! However, I will see you all very soon. Lets Ride!!!