Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jet Lagged & Getting Lost in Boston

Let me tell you this go around the jet lag has been terrible.  I am up when I am supposed to be asleep and sleepy when I am supposed to be wide awake.  Trying all the tricks like getting on a regular schedule but it just is not working this go around.  WOW.

For the most part I have been chilling around local to the hotel but today I got out a bit.  Found the Hard Rock for my usual t-shirt stop and happened across the Harley store across the street.  Definately a good twofer.  I even stopped in Cheers and had myself one just because.  The girl at the Harley store told me I really should go by the big store in Everett.  This was something I had considered already and had looked up and took down directions from Google Maps.  So off I went and holy cow if I did not get lost in Boston.  However, all was not a loss as I walked for about 2 hours from the metro stop in Charlestown past the historic Bunker Hill and back into Boston's North End to get on the subway and head back.  A heck of a walk that included a big bridge with those yucky slip resistent, see through grates.  The acrophobia kicked in then for sure.  However, it was a good walk as the weather was ideal in Boston.  So all was not lost even if I was.